This guide explains how to integrate Assertiv with Zoom using SAML. When this set up is complete, users will be able to log into Zoom using their Assertiv account.
Note: The screenshots used are for demonstrative purposes only and are accurate at time of writing. These screens can change over time. Please let us know if this document no longer reflects the application.
In order to configure Zoom for SAML SSO, you will need the following:
- A business level Zoom account or higher
- A vanity URL set up in Zoom (e.g. yourorg.zoom.us)
Create Zoom app in Assertiv
Log into your Assertiv Organization (https://<your-org>.assertiv.com) as an Admin user and select the App Config dashboard tile.
Select the plus () button to create a new App config.
Search for the Zoom application and select the Zoom icon.
You will be prompted for some information on the following page.
Zoom Application Name: The name entered here will be used when displaying this app to end users from their Applications page and in administrative app configuration pages.
Signing Certificate: The certificate is used to create a trust between Assertiv and your Zoom account. For advanced users, if you have created a certificate you wish to use, select it here. Otherwise (or if you are unsure) you can select "-- Generate New Signing Certificate --".
Zoom vanity URL: This is the dedicated subdomain configured in Zoom for your organization. E.g. yourorg.zoom.us
Save the configuration. When the save completes, you will be taken to the Edit Service page.
Open your Zoom application and log in as an Administrative user.
Navigate to the SSO settings page (Admin > Advanced > Single Sign-On)If prompted, select the option to configure SAML manually. You will be prompted for several pieces of information:
- Sign-in Page URL: Available from the Zoom Edit Service page, this is the Assertiv page where Zoom will redirect users to authenticate (if they have not done so already). This URL is unique to your Zoom application.
- Sign-out Page URL: Available from the Zoom Edit Service page, Zoom will redirect users here when they log out. Be mindful this will also log you out from Assertiv. Remove the /sign-out part of the URL if you do not wish users to be logged out from Assertiv as well.
- Identity Provider certificate: The certificate is used to create a trust between Assertiv and your Zoom account. Copy this from the Zoom Edit Service page and paste to this field.
- Service Provider (SP) Entity ID: Leave this field in the "yourorg.zoom.us" format.
- Issuer (IDP Entity ID): Copy and paste this from the Zoom Edit Service page in Assertiv to the Zoom field shown below.
At the time of writing, no other settings in Zoom require changing. See below for our recommended settings.
In order for your users to access your application from their Assertiv apps page, you must set up a role, assign users to the role, and give that role permission to access the application. This is required for testing the integration as well.
More details on roles can be found in the following articles
Save Zoom configuration
When your Assertiv application and role(s) are successfully set up, you can now save the Zoom configuration and test.